This presentation describes how the conversion of a mobile offshore drilling unit (MODU) into a floating production unit (FPU), with drilling and installation capabilities, can be a cost effective solution when considered along with a free standing hybrid riser.
- Typical arrangements for FPU / riser
- Free standing hybrid risers – key aspects
- MODU as FPU: drilling & completion, production & installation
- Historical precedence & current scenario
- Comparison: converted MODU vs. TLP
- Installation method
- Conclusions & closing remarks
If you would like a copy of this technical paper.