2H Offshore helps operators understand the condition of their wells, confirm ongoing integrity and devise suitable mitigation measures if needed in order to maximise production and secure the safety of production facilities for years to come.
Many mature platform wells in developed oil and gas regions remain viable for production but are fast approaching, or have already exceeded, their original design life.
Our systematic approach to platform well assessment and life extension is centered around our understanding of the well construction process and structural response. Considerable challenges may exist with achieving this objective as many older wells have been subject to very little structural assessment and/or change in ownership, resulting in a lack of documentation. 2H make best use of any available information including construction records, drilling records and in-service monitoring data to get the most complete picture of platform conductor condition and behavior and hence ensure that only the most appropriate steps are taken to ensure successful life extension.
- Specification of condition survey requirements
- Inspection data review and interpretation
- Strength and fatigue criticality assessment
- Integrity assessment tool
- Conductor and casing preload measurement
- Repair scheme engineering and specification
- Life extension integrity management plan
- ZADCO – Upper Zakum field ageing platform well conductor assessment and repair
- Woodside – North Rankin A aging platform well conductor assessment and integrity management plan
- Dubai Petroleum – Conductor integrity management assessment tool and repair scheme engineering
- North Sea – Slumping platform wellhead analysis and remedial design
- Offshore UK – Loss of platform well conductor centralisation and degradation assessment
- Offshore Norway – Feasibility assessment of side-tracked drilling with corroded conductors