Complete riser engineering and delivery – optimised riser design, increased choice of hardware and improved system operability.
2H Offshore’s riser delivery management services are tailored to meet the needs of all project execution phases requiring detailed design, hardware procurement, fabrication management, inspection services, transportation/shipping management and installation support.
Benefits of 2H’s System Integrator Approach
We take the system integrator role on a project; an approach well suited to riser systems that can have many interfaces with the well system and the host vessel, which tend to drive riser design and procurement activities. This approach allows for a more optimised design, increased flexibility in hardware selection, and improved operability.
2H is able to mobilise a multi-disciplinary project team that is able to define and control project activities for riser equipment that has a high degree of project specification and typically presents the following challenges:
- Custom designed components that push the boundaries of manufacturing capability
- Multiple interfaces at the vessel and seabed
- Many cross supplier interfaces to manage within the riser system
- Difficulty in finalising the design of all system components simultaneously
- Need for early purchase order placement because of long manufacturing lead times
- Need for follow on engineering to manage change and expedite delivery
Riser & Package Engineering
Our analysis and system engineering team ensures that the riser system global design meets the project functional and operational requirements. They ensure the riser system is installable, operable, reliable and maintainable. Our materials, welding and corrosion engineering specialists develop system specifications at the start of detailed design and technically support the procurement and fabrication phases as part of follow on engineering.
Package and system engineers generate all documents specifying the requirements for the riser components or sub-assemblies. These documents form the technical package of the requisition issued to suppliers and the package engineers are subsequently involved in the technical bid reviews. They also oversee the equipment manufacturing phase, providing follow on engineering support required to review supplier documentation, manage design changes, and address supplier concessions and manufacturing non-conformances.
2H procurement services include complete commercial management of the equipment packages pre and post purchase order placement. We are able to procure equipment within a client’s purchasing system or using our own in-house purchasing system. Our procurement services include:
- Pre-qualification of suppliers
- Preparation of request for quotation (RFQ) packages and their issue
- Terms and conditions negotiations
- Evaluation of prospective supplier bids
- Recommendation to award
- Issue of purchase orders
- Progress tracking and expediting of orders
- Management of supplier invoices and claims
- Shipping and logistics
- Purchase order close out
Quality Control & Inspection
Quality control and inspection services are fully integrated into the 2H project organization allowing a seamless interface with the package engineering and procurement teams. This is particularly important for riser equipment packages that typically have the highest criticality level and have a high level of project specification.
- LLOG – Otis SCR: delivery management of titanium tapered stress joint for a production tie back SCR hang-off on the Delta House deep draft semi-submersible. The scope includes the titanium taper joint body and steel forging adapters.
- Weatherford – MPD Cross Over Riser Joints: delivery management of cross over joints required to integrate MPD equipment into the drilling riser system of the Noble Bully 2 and Saipem 10000 drillships.
- Total – Moho Nord TLP Top Tensioned Risers: riser delivery management of the TLP TTR systems for Total’s Moho Nord field development, offshore Congo. The scope of work includes 17 production and water injection top tensioned risers and one high pressure drilling riser.
- Chevron – Big Foot TLP Top Tensioner Risers and SCRs: detailed design and delivery management of the Big Foot TLP riser systems including 2 high pressure drilling risers, 15 production/water injection TTRs and oil and gas export SCRs.
- LLOG – Delta House SCRs: delivery management of titanium tapered stress joints for production and export SCR hang-offs on the Delta House deep draft semi-submersible. The scope includes the titanium taper joint body and steel forging adapters.
- Total – Donggala HP Drilling Riser: detail design and supply of the taper joints, transition joints and riser monitoring system for the Donggala high pressure drilling riser system for use on a drilling vessel in 2,000m water depth, offshore Indonesia.
- Total – Akpo Completion Riser: detailed design and supplied the taper joints for the completion riser system for use on the Akpo subsea development in 1300m water depth, offshore Nigeria.
- Tuscan – Ardmore Production Risers: together with parent company Acteon, design and supply of 4 top tensioned high pressure production riser systems for the Tuscan Ardmore fixed platform field development in the UK North Sea.
- BP and The University of Aberdeen’s Oceanlab – DELOS Structure: design and supply of a pioneering glass fiber constructed environmental monitoring system for BP and The University of Aberdeen’s Oceanlab for research in offshore Angola.
- Conoco/Hydril – Subsea MudLift Drilling Riser Modifications: design and integration of additional 6 inch power and mud lift return lines into a 21-in marine drilling riser for use with a subsea mud pump as part of a dual gradient drilling field trial performed in 910 feet water depth.
- BP – Horn Mountain Top Tensioned Riser Centralizers: specification and management of the TTR inner casing centralizer supply for the BP Horn Mountain Spar development located in the 5,500ft water depth, Gulf of Mexico.