With a team of engineers specialising in fatigue, fracture mechanics, FEA and testing, and a range of proprietary and commercial software tools at our disposal, we deliver state of the art ECA and FFS assessments for a variety of offshore components.
Recent regulatory and industry activity has indicated a growing demand for ECA during design, verification, fabrication and installation. We regularly complete ECA for all project phases, all riser types and many other components, including conductors, connectors, stress joints and flowlines. We have specialist knowledge of HPHT environments and have the capability to conduct design and independent third party (I3P) verification of HPHT systems from a fracture mechanics perspective.
We have executed engineering criticality assessments (ECAs) and fitness-for-service (FFS) assessment projects for systems in the North Sea, Gulf of Mexico, West Africa, Australia, and Brazil.
Simplify Your Fracture Mechanics with FlawIQ
FlawIQ is a web-based tool developed by 2H fracture mechanics experts to conduct advanced ECA. This comprehensive software automates both BS7910 and API 579 procedures, making it faster and simpler to perform accurate fatigue assessments. It is highly customisable with numerous settings increasing the accuracy of assessments for special situations such as HPHT. It is used in-house to perform ECA on client projects, but is also available on a subscription basis. To learn more, visit www.FlawIQ.com.
- Computational fracture mechanics
- Material testing specification and management
- Material engineering
- Corrosion engineering
- Welding and inspection assessment
- BP – Thunder Horse P45 Flowline FFS
- BP – Thunder Horse North and South Loop FFS
- BP – Block 31 PSVM ECA
- BP – Fitness for Service Methodology Document
- BP – Shah Deniz Riser and Titanium TSJ ECA
- Chevron – Big Foot Top Tension Drilling and Production Riser ECA
- Chevron – Big Foot Export SCR ECA
- ExxonMobil – Julia SCR ECA
- LLOG – Delta House SCR ECA
- Bechtel – Blind Faith 2 FEED Riser and Flowline ECA
- InterMoor – Papa-Terra Conductor ECA
- SBM – GAP System ECA
- Woodside – Browse and Sunrise Field Development SCR ECA