200+ drilling projects
Experience with nearly all modern rigs, risers and wellheads enables us to provide efficient turnaround times of comprehensive, system-focused engineering assessments and operating guidance.
2H Offshore has extensive experience in drilling riser design and analysis with over 200 projects conducted to date worldwide. These include conventional shallow, deep and ultra-deep water MODU operations, high pressure SBOP systems and fixed platform drilling.
We have industry-leading experience in harsh environments and new frontiers which require a total system approach to defining safe operating limits for the riser, wellhead and conductor system. We routinely conduct fitness-for purpose assessments of low pressure drilling risers deployed from MODU’s to evaluate stack-up and tensioning requirements and define operating envelopes.
2H pioneered the system approach to drilling riser assessment, whereby all components of the system including wellhead, conductor, surface casing and riser are considered together. Our strong capability in the design and analysis of these riser systems has developed through a number of international Joint Industry Projects (JIPs) including AMJIG and DeepStar and the preparation of Deep Water Drilling Riser Integrity Management Guidelines .
In addition to the conventional low pressure risers used for drilling subsea wells, 2H have worked on various initiatives to extend vessel depth capability through use of high pressures steel risers and low pressure aluminum risers as well as implementation of riser design modifications to accommodate dual gradient drilling.
- Tensioner optimisation and recoil analysis
- Strength and operability analysis for drilling riser as per API RP 16Q / API RP 2RD
- Riser operating envelopes and watch circles
- Riser and casing wear assessment
- VIV and wave fatigue assessments of drilling riser, wellhead and conductor
- Rig rotation analysis
- Drift-off / drive-off analysis
- Installation, retrieval and hang-off analysis
- Rig move analysis/riser transit analysis
- Elastoplastic weak point assessment
- Component design and independent analysis of flanges, connectors, cross-over adapters
- Riser monitoring and integrity management
- Transocean – DDIII drilling riser application assessment
- Total – Donggala HP drilling riser engineering
- Alcoa – Oil and Gas – Mechanically coupled drilling riser design
- BP – Enterprise drilling riser failure assessment
- Chevron/Transocean – Freestanding drilling riser analysis and system engineering
- BP Gulf of Mexico – Deepwater drilling riser monitoring program