The challenges involved in designing deepwater risers are considerable and require the application of cutting-edge technology. We are seeking bright, talented individuals who can rise to this challenge and help us apply new ideas to real life industry problems. In return, we are committed to providing employees with continued training and development in this exciting field.
As a graduate engineer, you will perform design activities including calculations, dynamic structural analysis and system configuration for a variety of subsea structures. You will be responsible for ensuring acceptable structural and fatigue performance of the designs, whilst considering the functional, fabrication, installation and in-service requirements. The role will also involve extensive communication of technical results and conclusions to other members of the team and clients – including meetings, presentations and the preparation of written reports, proposals and other deliverables. We use a number of software packages, from specialist riser analysis tools such as Flexcom, OrcaFlex and SACS to general purpose finite element analysis and design tools such as ANSYS and Solidworks.
The 2H team is dynamic and highly interactive, resulting in a great working environment which rewards strong teamwork.
- Design and analysis of subsea structures, riser systems, and components from concept to detailed design.
- Analysis of subsea structures, riser systems, and components using state-of-the-art commercial and in-house software.
- Preparation of proposals.
- Preparation of technical deliverables, including reports.
- Liaising with clients through technical presentations and meetings.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical, structural, ocean engineering, or a related discipline with a GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Software experience with Microsoft Office, finite element analysis packages, and some knowledge of computer programming is preferable but not essential.
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for carrying out analytical work efficiently.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to take responsibility and ownership of tasks.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- A desire to develop a career and expertise in the oil and gas industry.
How to Apply
If you have the qualities we are looking for, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “WEBSITE POSTING – #320 Engineer” in the subject field of your email. Please note whether or not you currently have the proper authorization to work in the United States. 2H Offshore cannot give serious consideration for employment without this information.